- how to get started.
- the importance of vital records; what they are, where and how to find them.
- how to identify and cite source materials.
- census records and the important information they reveal.
- various ways to organize your work.
- why libraries are so vital to our research and how to use them; even now on-line research provides only a fraction of needed sources.
Novice or not, I"m sure this presentation will provide added value to your time spent researching on the internet. Be sure to join us Thursday, July 17 at 7:00 pm at the Gail Borden Public Library, 270 N. Grove, Elgin, IL.
Our meetings are always open to the public and we'd love to see you there!