Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blogging Webinar

I spent a good part of yesterday afternoon attending (virtually) the webinar More Blogging for Beginners with DearMYRTLE (Pat Richley). I had previously attending her original Blogging for Beginners session and found it very helpful. This one though was particularly useful for me.


I hadn't given much thought to backing up my/our blogs before. Pat made some excellent points in her talk and I realized the importance of periodically making a backup. It was the first thing I did this afternoon when I finally had the opportunity to log-on! (It's been a busy day!)


Another tip she gave was to add a print-friendly button to the blog. It allows the reader to print only the post without all the additional columns and things on the page. I'm still working on that one because I'm not quite getting the result I want. Hopefully, the support team at http://printfriendly.com will be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong. Then, we'll have the button on this blog.


All in all, it was 1 1/2 hours well spent. You might want to check out the webinars from the archives of Legacy Family Tree yourself. There are several excellent session free for the listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment