Sunday, November 15, 2009

Finding Your chicago Ancestors

I attended the "Finding Your Chicago Ancestors: Strategies for Every Stage of Life" workshop at the Arlington Heights Memorial Library yesterday, November 14. Among the other 70+ attendees were Rhonda Weisschnur and Dorothy Gallagher which just added to my enjoyment. Also, our own Joan Murray was working as a volunteer for the program.

The sessions were packed full of useful information. The presenters, Grace DuMelle and Ginger Frere, from the Newberry Library did a superb job as usual. From what I could tell even the most experienced researchers among the group came away with a new view of possible avenues to follow. I know I have several hints to put into practice. Who knows I may just find out about those missing twins after all :)

2 comments:

  1. That was a workshop I would have liked to attended.
    However, I was involved in an open House presenting my image restoration work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like those two speakers. Let's get them for EGS again.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete