Friday, January 20, 2012

January 2012 Evening Meeting

More than 25 hearty members and guests attending the January evening meeting last night. Considering the frigid and ever dropping temperature outside, all I can say is I'm truly impressed! I hope each person took something useful away from the sesstion.

The topic was a Computer Interest Group discussion about Family Tree Maker's mapping and timeline features. I facilitated the evening and am happy to report I learned a few new things on the topic as well. The participation of attendees was wonderful and greatly appreciated.

In anticipation of assisting with the indexing of the 1940 census, we also demonstrated how to register as a volunteer indexer for Family Search at https://www.familysearch.org/, as well as, how to be included with the indexing group for the Illinois State Genealogical Society. ISGS is embarking on an initiative to gather support from local Illinois genealogy societies to index the Illinois portion of the 1940 census. Everyone is welcome to join ISGS in this effort. If you have questions or want more information, feel free to contact me, Becky, at bhiggins9@gmail,com.

No comments:

Post a Comment